ave you ever thought about a career in wine?
No experience necessary, we will teach you!
The wine industry has lots of potential for career growth.
We have the following seasonal positions available:
- Entry level Cellar Worker
- Experienced Cellar Worker
- High production Forklift Driver
We are part of the Jackson Family Wines team of wineries and we make wine for several brands, Freemark Abbey, Kendall-Jackson.
Our mission is:
From the 1st grape to the last drop in the bottle, we are passionate about preserving the quality delivered by the vineyard team.
- Use our diversity as a strength.
- Respect one another, cultivate a positive attitude and stay open minded.
- Pride ourselves as leaders and teachers in safety, quality winemaking, innovation and resource conservation.
- Challenge each other to learn every day and to bring passion and enthusiasm to each job.
- Work as one team.
- Recognize individual and team accomplishment at all levels of the team
Job Roles / Responsibilities
Working in an indoor / outdoor facility and reporting to directions given by the Cellar Master and Forepersons, the successful applicant will have opportunities to learn the following:
Following and observing all safe cellar practices
Red fermentation management – pump overs, rack & returns.
The use of all cellar equipment (and most importantly) it’s cleaning & sanitizing.
Barrel work – filling, racking and topping.
Racking, transferring and the movement of juice and wine.
Cellar workers must be able to work any shift and overtime because the work load is heavy during the harvest season, typically August through November. Wearing contact lenses is prohibited for Safety reason.
This position requires continuous walking, climbing, kneeling, crouching, and crawling throughout the shift for cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities. It requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, fine manipulation and to lift up to 50 pounds for Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment and to operate crush pad equipment. It occasionally include enclosed spaces, heights, and wearing a respirator to make chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine and to obtain lab samples from tanks and barrels.
Candidate must successfully complete an application.