We are a mid-sized winery focused on producing Premium Pinot noir, Chardonnay, and a few other varietals from some of the best vineyards in Oregon. With just one vintage’s worth of wear and tear, our state of the art winery still shines with all the bells and whistles! Our winery is located in McMinnville, OR.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, creative, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning of both equipment and facility
- Forklifting – unloading and loading fruit, safely driving barrels
- Red processing – safe and efficient operation of sorting line and destemmer
- Red fermentation management – punch downs, pulsair, pump overs, temperature management
- White/Red Press operation – exposure to both bladder and basket presses
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients, etc
- Barrel work – cleaning, steaming, filling, emptying, and topping
- Tank work - racking, transferring/blending both juice and wine
- Sampling – obtain grape, juice, and/or wine samples as needed by the lab
- Follow all safety rules, regulations, and SOPs
- Potential to help with winter bottling
- Passion for wine and winemaking; passion for food and coffee a plus
- Positive attitude
- Previous harvest experience and/or degree in winemaking or similar field is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
- Ability to climb, stand long periods of time, repeatedly lift 50 lbs, etc.
- Forklift experience a plus
- Must be able to commit to working mid-August through late-November, potential to start earlier or extend through December
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance may be provided to help find housing. Some harvest meals provided.