CARNEROS HILLS WINERY - Sonoma Valley, CA.
Carneros Hills Winery is located in the picturesque Carneros region of Sonoma Valley in sunny California. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, but also utilizing our small batch equipment for the production of specialized small lots of Bordeaux varieties.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team led by a versatile winemaking duo, and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Red fermentation management – punch downs, pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations.
- Cleaning, sanitization and the use of all cellar equipment.
- Barrel work – filling, cleaning, racking and emptying.
- Racking, transferring and pumping juice and wine.
- Obtaining samples and helping the lab when required.
- Working safely in a team environment and following all SOP’s.
- Previous harvest experience is a must and degree in winemaking is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long hours through busy harvest time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS- CELLAR WORKER
This position requires continuous walking, climbing, kneeling, crouching, and crawling throughout the shift for cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities. It requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, fine manipulation and to lift up to 50 pounds for Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment and to operate crush pad equipment. It occasionally include enclosed spaces, heights, and wearing a respirator to make chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine and to obtain lab samples from tanks and barrels.
$18.00 - $19.75 - $21.50
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.
Candidate must successfully complete an application.