General Description of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Winemaker, the Harvest Enologist will be involved in all winemaking operations, including laboratory work and data tracking. This person will be a core member of the winemaking team and is responsible for helping to ensure continued exceptional quality for wine and juice. Assignments require attention to details and cellar work.
- Quality control oversight in the lab and cellar
- Calculating and performing additions of yeast, Nutrients, Acid, and malolactic cultures during harvest
- Taste and approve juice trucks for receiving
- Monitor fermentations during harvest via Brix, temperature, and sensory analysis
- Perform bench trials for addition of tartaric acid, etc.
- Supervise daily cellar operations with Cellar Master to assure quality standards are met.
- Tracking and adjusting sulfur levels and volatile acidity in stored wines.
- Help in the cellar as needed and directed by the winemaker
- Participate in blending decisions
Background and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Enology, Fermentation science, or a related field, plus 2 years relevant winery lab and cellar experience preferred. Position requires a motivated individual who is organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently but collaborate as a team. Must be able to work weekends.
Location is in Northern Santa Rosa.