Public Relations Coordinator – Jackson Family Wines
Jackson Family Wines is the family-owned wine company founded in 1982. The Jackson Family’s collection of over 40 wineries and vineyards span winegrowing regions across the globe from California, Oregon, France, Italy, Australia, Chile and South Africa.
We are seeking a Public Relations Coordinator that will to support the Public Relations Department. This position is located in Santa Rosa, CA and reports to the Public Relations Manager. We are looking for a talented and driven individual who is organized, can multi-task, takes initiative and can work in a faced-paced environment and help deliver strategic results. This role has both administrative and tactical PR responsibilities with career growth opportunities within Jackson Family Wines.
- Work directly with PR dept. team members to help execute brand PR plans
- Compile monthly PR reports, quarterly press highlights, and newsletters
- PR budget tracking, invoice coding, auditing, routing, etc.
- Media results monitoring and clipping
- Coordinate submissions to key wine scoring outlets, e.g. Wine Spectator, Robert Parker Wine Advocate, Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Wine & Spirits, etc.
- Pull samples, coordinate and pack media mailers
- Assist in coordinating portfolio-wide tastings with wine critics
- Maintain and update PR initiatives calendar and scoring calendar
- Work closely with PR team to research and build target media, influencer and bloggers lists
- Assist in the creation of creative materials
- Work with marketing teams on events and partnerships
- Oversee coordination of assigned events
- Work trade, media and consumer tastings and events as needed
- Coordinate local media visits and appointments for spokespeople
- Develop itineraries and briefs for spokesperson travel, interviews and speaking opportunities
- Oversee meeting coordination for team
- Manage budgets on assigned brands
- Maintain all PR databases and folders for assigned portfolios
- Stay abreast of competitive landscape and uncover new opportunities
- Keep up to date on editorial calendars, new media outlets, journalists, sommeliers and influencers, as well as trends and pitching opportunities
Required Experience & Skills:
- 1-2 years public relations or related experience
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Cision, BurrellesLuce, Zoom
- Administrative skills: meeting set up, managing schedules, reporting, budget management, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail
- Experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube
- Creative aptitude
- Knowledge of wine, the industry and distribution network: DTC, 3-tier, etc.
- Event planning and coordination experience
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and analytical skills
- Positive, proactive attitude, takes initiative and follows up
- Independent self-starter