Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
The Property Maintenance Manager role will execute the following duties for JFI/JFW, and will report to the Director of Property Maintenance. The goal of this position is to preserve family & company assets more efficiently, provide safe and comfortable housing where applicable, assist in the improvement/construction of company facilities, and identify & reduce liability exposure. The role of the Property Maintenance Manager will be split between office and field (occasionally requiring bidding, negotiation with onsite trades and hands-on construction work). Candidate must have a professional presence and a well-seasoned construction background. Candidate must also possess strong organization and communication skills, keen attention to detail, ability to follow instructions/direction, must be flexible, highly motivated and function independently. Integrity and confidentiality are also essential to the role.
- Oversee Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) facilities, facilitates monthly maintenance meetings with DTC teams across the hospitality enterprise; manage & prioritize the maintenance & special projects calendar and maintenance requests for all DTC & Hospitality outlets.
- Bid, schedule, supervise and negotiate contracted service work and trades for DTC, Hospitality housing and company facilities, including all types of grading, site work and construction.
- Manages a small team of maintenance personnel to identify, contract and implement a wide variety of general building improvements/renovations, maintenance, repairs and general services.
- Familiar with all facets of housing & commercial construction and able to oversee the construction, replacement and/or maintenance of the following, (including troubleshooting ordinary wear and tear problems):
- HVAC, heating and air conditioning systems;
- Interior and exterior electrical and lighting systems;
- Finish carpentry such as deck repairs/replacement, window moldings, doors, cabinets, paneling, laminates; general framing, and roof/truss systems, etc.;
- General plumbing such as appliance replacement, faucets and seals on malfunctioning plumbing equipment;
- Painting of interior and exterior walls and cabinets; wallpaper and other wall finishes; knowledge of drywall installation, patching, textures and finishes
- Repair and replacement of carpet, flooring, subflooring, foundation and roofing.
- Repair, monitoring and maintenance of septic systems, leach fields, water system (supply and quality).
- Installation, management and repair of water systems with respect to supply and quality.
- Conducts cost estimating, job costing, and project scheduling on par with the property management / construction industry standard of care with assistance from the Real Estate Department.
- Coordinates permitting and compliance with building codes & laws with assistance from the Real Estate Department.
- Maintains DTC, hospitality, housing & commercial inventory in cooperation with management, schedule occupancies between vacated properties, coordinate tenant needs and requests.
- Manages a proactive program of annual property maintenance to reduce deferred maintenance.
- Schedule, plan and forecast team's workload; develop and employ preventative maintenance best practices.
- Coordinate special projects as directed.
- Oversee contract management to competitively bid, award, contract and monitor work being performed by outside contractors. May require supervision of journey-level maintenance mechanics (both in-house and subcontractors) having welding, refrigeration, plumbing, carpentry and electrical skills.
- Responsible for oversight and communication to supervisor of unusual occurrences and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Prepares budgets in collaboration with supervisor and maintains regular progress against budget goals.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
DTC Maintenance/Hospitality Setup Technician(s)
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in property/construction management or similar discipline preferred; equivalent experience may substitute for degree. Associates degree required. Certificate from a trade/vocational school in construction or maintenance may also qualify.
- Valid California Drivers license, clean DMV record, reliable transportation required.
- Valid California Contractor's License preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional decorum in the office environment.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking skills preferred.
- Cooperative/adaptable and able to work with different people, personalities, groups, and settings.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal,
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible property management, facilities maintenance/construction and construction management experience.
- Knowledge of construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry, plus familiarity with equipment needed in performing these activities.
- Property management/construction software such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, OneDrive or other construction bidding/scheduling software knowledge required.
- Ability to work overtime, and after-hours emergency and “on-call” shifts occasionally.
- Some travel to outlying sites in various counties required, within California.
- Property inventory is in rural/farming locations thus the candidate must be able to perform physical demands of the job which may include hiking, lifting and carrying of heavy equipment/supplies, etc.
- Must be able to exert 50 to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- This job requires frequent standing, use of the hands, sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- Ability to work with heights (working on ladders, roofs, catwalks, etc.)
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid and heat related conditions
- The employee will be required to drive to and from remote work sites and be able to function autonomously.