Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
The position is a key Skylane Production Team member responsible for the BIMS (Bulk Inventory Management System) critical for the tracking, management and production of the Wine inventory. This role would work with cellars, labs, bottling operations and winemakers and be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the Winery Operations for BIMS processing.
- Entry and audit of cellar and lab work orders information into BIMS.
- Monitor BIMS data analytics for standards of performance and quality - Complete, Accurate and Timely.
- Prepare advanced reporting tools and metrics for all production departments and adapt reporting according to changing business and user needs including the preparation of Skylane’s 702 and Excise taxes.
- Document technical requirements, improvements and enhancements in BIMS data processing and application.
- Test the BIMS Beta application enhancements and new features.
- Create training materials and tutorials.
- Provide training for seasonal and new staff on BIMS standards and enhancements.
- Knowledge of cellar operations and processes.
- Knowledge of winery operations compliance & regulations.
- Experience as a team lead in a production process environment.
- Experience documenting and improving SOP's.
- Strong written and oral skills, and effective communications
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to identify potential problems and trouble shoot with analytical thinking
- Self-motivated - Takes initiative
- Can identify, map and document automation opportunities to enhance, streamline and simplify based on user and business needs.
- Forward thinking - can anticipate implications of decisions
- Train, coach and mentor seasonal/new data entry staff
- Work effectively across organizational and departmental boundaries.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.