Under general supervision, this position installs, repairs, and performs preventative maintenance and entry level emergency maintenance on a wide variety of still wine bottling line equipment that operates at 240 bottles per minute. Additionally, the technician will perform repairs on support equipment, buildings, fixtures and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform required preventative maintenance actions on bottling equipment.
- Perform mechanical tasks, such as lubrication, filter replacing and mechanical repairs to pumps, filters and various bottling equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair bottling equipment.
- Repair and maintain equipment package change parts.
- Review and perform service requests for repairs.
- Use technical publications to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Use Integrated Maintenance Management Program to track and account for repair parts inventory.
- Perform corrective maintenance on bottling equipment.
- Assist in the movement of materials and equipment as required.
- Provide lunch relief for bottling line operators.
- Perform any other task as assigned.
- Be a self-starter and work with limited supervision.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a basic understanding of the computer and work with Word, Excel, E-mail and research on the internet.
- Be able to read and write English and perform Mathematical calculations.
- Be able to read and understand technical manuals and publications.
- Be able to read various types of gauges, meters and operate test equipment.
1 – 2 years winery maintenance experience or equivalent technical training is preferred. Must have some knowledge of mechanical systems. Must be organized with good follow through and time management skills. Must be able to work overhead and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities? Show the amount of time by checking the appropriate boxes below.
Amount of Time
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Taste or smell