Under general supervision, this position installs, repairs, and performs preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance on a wide variety of Program Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable Frequency Drives. This position also installs, repairs, and performs preventative and emergency maintenance on a wide variety conveyor equipment. Additionally, the Specialist will perform repairs on support equipment, buildings, fixtures and systems.
- General material handling knowledge particularly with conveyors, compressed air systems, photo sensors, electrical wiring knowledge, familiarity with motors and maintenance of label printers, belt alignment on conveyors, roller and pulley replacements and other general conveyor maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair conveyor equipment.
- Repair and maintain equipment package change parts.
- Review service requests for repairs, and maintenance, determine nature and recommend appropriate solution.
- Use technical publications to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Use Integrated Maintenance Management Program to track and account for used parts inventory.
- Purchase needed parts, receive and install.
- Conduct limited technical inspections on equipment and perform required preventative maintenance actions.
- Perform predictive maintenance on winery and bottling equipment.
- Perform conduct corrective maintenance on winery and bottling equipment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions.
- Operate pertinent test equipment for the position (Multi Meter, Amp Meter and Ohm Meter).
- General knowledge and troubleshooting of Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC
- Trouble shoot Allen Bradley VFDs.
- Business degree preferred with equivalent recent work experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry with liquor processing distribution centers is a plus
- Familiarity working with material handling conveyors and equipment maintenance.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must possess good communications skills both verbal and written.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting technical manuals and electrical schematics
- Must be able to follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Must be a self starter, capable of working with limited supervision.
- Must have a thorough understanding of commercial / industrial electrical practices and procedures 110 /220/480 VAC motors and their controls.
- Have a working knowledge of VFDs.
- Must be familiar with Control Logix PLC. Install, replace and troubleshoot but not necessarily to program PLC although know-how to program PLC is a plus.
- In depth experience and knowledge of PLC. (Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC's HMI's CPU's
- Site Support and software commissioning of Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Interface with vendors on install or upgrade of existing equipment.
- Install and troubleshoot variable frequency drives.
- Must have an excellent understanding of computer technology and be capable of working with Microsoft Word, Excel, an Automated Maintenance Management System and E-mail.