Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
The Payroll Specialist I will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll processing functions. This includes payroll processing data input, maintaining the payroll files for new hires and current employee status changes, providing confidential information on employment verification, and ensuring all payroll filings are made timely, accurately and confidentially.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Enters payroll data into payroll processing system.
- Prints and distributes manual checks as necessary.
- Maintains payroll records and files including but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls.
- Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor.
Education: Associate's degree or equivalent in education and experience preferred.
Experience: Strong business acumen. At least two years of customer service experience preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to handle confidential information. Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts. Commitment to high standards and excellent customer service skills. Must possess initiative, dedication and a high attention to detail. Proven organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to balance multiple priorities, overcome challenges, work under pressure and handle the demands and responsibilities of a growing and dynamic organization with enthusiasm. Ability to work a flexible schedule as workload permits and according to payroll schedules. Additional hours required during harvest. Must be adaptable, flexible and a quick-thinker and learner. Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Computer Skills:10-key by touch. Ability to quickly learn new systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. UltiPro and Kronos experience a plus.