The Tasting Room Associate is the face of Siduri Wines They welcome guest and passionately introduce them to Siduri and our premium Pinot Noir portfolio while educating and enticing them to join our Wine Club and purchase our wines. Acting as wine country concierges, they impart the wine country lifestyle to guest while on property. The Tasting Room Associate is part of the Direct to Consumer sales team and is responsible for and motivated by sale and club recruitment goals.
About Siduri: Siduri’s breadth and depth of Pinot Noirs are truly unique. We specialize in cool-climate Pinot Noir, producing only single-vineyard, single-variety wine from twenty vineyards stretching from Santa Barbara to the Willamette Valley. Why? Because we believe that great wine is made in the vineyard. To that end, we’ve developed long-term relationships with some of the West’s most sought-after growers and vineyards We also believe in minimal intervention so that the winemaking forwards, rather than overshadows, what happens in the vineyard. To that end, our wines are unfiltered and unfined, maximizing the expression of these very diverse sites. But perhaps most importantly, we believe that wine should be a pleasure, that serious wine and serious fun aren’t mutually exclusive. So in our drive to make great Pinot Noir, we ultimately hope for something relatively simple—good wine to be enjoyed with good friends, good family, and good food.
- Introduces guest to Siduri and its wines. Compellingly educate guest on the history, winemaking style, and prestige of Siduri Wines leading to wine sales and Wine Club Recruitment.
- Prepare and maintain the Tasting Room and it supplies to ensure that every visitor has an amazing wine country experience.
- Is passionate about wines, and continually strives to learn more about Siduri wines and the world of wine.
- Accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to interstate shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
- Accurately processes all wine sales and Wine Club recruitment as well as actively engage in post-purchase customer interaction to ensure a complete customer experience.
- Represent Siduri at special tasting experiences both on and offsite, including those in evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Hospitality/Resturant Service/Wine Industry experience preferred
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Possesses or can develop a solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with the diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
- Has high school diploma or GED; two to a four-year college degree are preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Competitive commissions/incentives structure
- Career growth potential in Jackson Family Wines
- Ability to participate in offsite pouring and winery events