Under the general direction the Tasting Room Supervisor, the Tasting Room Associate is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of wine & non-wine products. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing world-class hospitality to consumers and trade.
- Greet all visitors to the Tasting Room, pour & discuss current tasting wines, and establish a customer connection.
- Possess knowledge about all wines, accurately describe the flavor profiles, and winemaking techniques.
- Articulate the winery history and regional appellations as they relate to the tasting wines.
- Effectively promote and sell Wine Club memberships to customers.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, including cash register operation, daily sales accounting, and processing returns/discounts.
- Possess a global curiosity for self-development in the areas of wine, our brands, superior hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques & acumen.
- Conduct Direct Sales outreach via the telephone and email.
- Participate in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
- Participate and assist with special hospitality events, on and offsite.
- Display commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Maintain a professional disposition during company hours.
- Thrive in a month to month goal driven and incentive industry.
- Possess or can develop solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes.
- Consistently demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, poise, and tact.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possess professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Wash and polish glassware.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (not limited to)
Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly, stand & walk for long periods of time, effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, and able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.