Hospitality and Events Manager
Director of DTC Sales
Scope of Position:
Lead Jackson Family Wines Trade and Special Event Hospitality team in managing all aspects of hospitality services, to include: trade events, wine education, sales and marketing events and company sponsored events. Act as company resource for events developed by other departments.
- Manage all events, VIP experiences, and internal events/meetings across our Oregon businesses (both virtual & in-person).
- Work with internal and external customers in the coordination of events in Oregon. This Includes food and wine service, staffing, rentals, and décor as well as the set up and break down of all events.
- Manage and Supervise Oregon Hospitality staff.
- Liaison with Culinary staff to develop menus, food and wine pairings and event proposals.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of JFW Hospitality equipment.
- Work on special projects with the Director of DTC sales as needed.
- Manage and Supervise Oregon Trade Host/Wine Educator to ensure all Trade appointments are booked, confirmed and executed efficiently and professionally.
- Hire and train hospitality and event staff.
- Manage the schedule and workflow of the JFW Oregon hospitality team.
- Manage and record event costs in the form of vendor invoices, staff timesheets, etc.
- Pay vendor invoices through purchase orders or company purchasing card.
- Works at events to direct staff and outside vendors and ensure events are executed in an efficient manner; expedites all problems and emergencies.
- Day of internal and external promotional materials and invitations/announcements as needed.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of hospitality staff: Manages booking service staff for events. Provides orientation and training to staff as needed. Works closely with the Chef to assure flawless dining service.
- Develops and manages event budget.
- On-site manager for the WillaKenzie Estate House. Work directly with the Director of Estate Operations to coordinate bookings, guests visit confirmations, house cleaning and stocking, and be contact for any issues or emergencies that may come up during a guest’s stay.
- Execute business development initiatives. Foster on-going, mutually beneficial relationships with local and Portland based businesses/vendors.
- Manage the tracking of referrals (internal and external) to all Oregon Tasting Rooms.
- Manage Trade visits to all Oregon properties, and the tracking and bill backs of Trade visits.