General Description of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Winemaker, this position will provide technical and supervisory support to the winemaking team during harvest during Night Shift.
- Ensure work is carried out as per protocols and that all procedural and quality control measures are adhered to.
- Provide winemaking support to night Shift.
- Be the liaison with daytime winemakers and report any problems-issues as needed.
- Assist in organizing cellar operations, specifically punch down and pumpover scheduling.
- Support the winemaking team with work order writing and data entry.
- Assist Winemaker in maintaining accurate computer records for all internal wine movements and inventories.
- Understand company policies for injury response and emergency room visits if needed.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Background and Experience
- Supervisory/team leader experience.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field.
- Experience in laboratory/wine production required. Supervisory experience and knowledge of current viticulture research and literature preferred.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others at all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word and Excel are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS- CELLAR WORKER
This position requires continuous walking, climbing, kneeling, crouching, and crawling throughout the shift for cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities. It requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, fine manipulation and to lift up to 35 pounds for Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment and to operate crush pad equipment. It occasionally include enclosed spaces, heights, and wearing a respirator to make chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine and to obtain lab samples from tanks and barrels.
Candidate must successfully complete an application and post-offer pre-employment drug test.