Stocks and displays wine on the sales floor of various retail stores to attract attention of prospective customers. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining product availability and merchandising products at all designated accounts.
- Reset wine selection at the store level (i.e. rearranging products using an authorized plan within an assigned account, territory, and /or geographic region).
- Implement authorized plan/schematic developed by the various chain headquarters; therefore, accuracy in evaluation, application, and execution on the information provided are essential skills.
- Perform sales support functions to include the use of current point of sale marketing materials, case sales, and oversight of shelf space.
- Cut-in new items to the shelf distribution and Direct Store Delivery items.
- Consistent communication with manager regarding changes in buyer preferences and/or out of stock inventory concerns/situations.
- Introduce new products, reinforce established and agreed upon case volume and display activity, and monitor in-store promotion results.
- Stay abreast of conditions in assigned accounts and recognize/communicate new opportunities.
- Maintain necessary records, and submit daily reports tracking work completed and hours worked.
- Responsible for carrying cell phone during work hours in order to communicate with accounts and management at any time during working hours.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of the retailer’s policies and procedures, prompt and courteous service, and by building relationships and rapport with the retailer’s managers and other personnel.
- Participate in meetings and training programs, as needed.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High School Diploma/GED
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 50+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business applications.
- Previous reset, sales, or merchandising experience required.
- Preferred wine industry knowledge to include basic understanding of wine distribution, sales, and wine varietal.
- Possess excellent verbal communication, written communication, and listening skills.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player who can work well with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to demanding situations.