General Description of Duties:
Troubleshoot, repair and service agricultural equipment and vehicles without supervision:
- Gasoline, propane and Diesel engines.
- Fuel systems
- Electrical systems
- Chassis and brake systems
- Drive train systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform safety inspections on equipment and fix any problems.
- Hook up, inspect, and repair implements.
- Perform welding and fabricating tasks without supervision.
- Order and purchase parts and supplies within spending limits.
- Drive to vineyard locations and perform field services/repairs.
- Safely operate hand and power tools.
- Keep Shop Manager informed of progress on their assigned work.
- Operate a forklift.
- Haul grapes during harvest with any vehicle appropriate with appropriate drivers license.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- Operate a steam cleaner.
- Operate service truck and equipment trailer to haul equipment and supplies.
- Flexibility to changing work priorities and hours of work as needed.
- Fabrication of agriculture implements.
- Keep assigned company service truck clean and maintained.
- Must follow all of the company’s safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Training:
- Must be able to read and understand service/repair manuals
- Must understand automotive/tractor electrical and be able to read electrical diagrams and repair 6, 12, & 24 volt systems.
- Needs to understand tractor/implement hydraulics.
- Must supply own tools.
- Must have at least a valid Class C driver’s license with no restrictions, unless working on Class A or B vehicles which would require a Class A or B.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Must be able to work safely.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to lift over 100 lbs.
Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime as needed.
Pay Rage $23.19 - $28.11 - $33.03 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.
This job description is not limited to the duties described and may be subject to change as needed.