Position Title: Material Planner
Reports to: Production Scheduler
Date: April 1, 2022
The Material Planner is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of packaging materials to the company’s bottling facilities to meet our production schedules. The role is responsible for coordinating the execution of material plans that meet both the requirements of our packaging suppliers and our bottling schedule. Success requires developing strong relationships with external suppliers and internal buyers, effectively managing supplier delivery lead times, and resolving scheduling conflicts through effective communication. Our ideal candidate possesses knowledge in Materials Planning, is a multi-tasker with strong problem-solving capability, is highly organized and is an exceptional communicator.
JOB DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage short-term (30-90 day) Materials Requirement Planning process in support of Company’s bottling operations using JD Edwards MRP/MPS software.
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact to production schedule.
- Work closely with the Scheduling, Procurement and Suppliers to resolve inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations in a timely manner.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled planning reviews with Scheduling, Procurement and Suppliers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers to ensure demand for material is met and deliveries are made on time.
- Support assessment of supplier performance in conjunction with the Procurement team.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Naturally high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as independently.
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines.
- Strong ability to prioritize and focus on delivering business goals.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel.
- JD Edwards software is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, related field or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and supply chain management.
- Planning, scheduling, or purchasing experience is a plus.
- Winery experience is a plus but is not required.