This Australian-based role manages brand marketing for the JWEA portfolio of brands in Australia that includes Giant Steps (Yarra Valley), Yangarra Estate Vineyards and Hickinbotham Clarendon Vineyard (McLaren Vale). The role reports directly into the Vice President of Marketing for Jackson Family Wines (JFW) International portfolio, based in Santa Rosa, USA and it involves working closely with the local winemaking, Direct to Consumer (DTC), marketing and sales teams as well as Jackson Family Wines (JFW) International Brand team, Creative and PR teams also based in Santa Rosa, USA. The role includes management of winery-based DTC/Cellar Door managers as well as day-to-day management of marketing/sales support. The role is responsible for ensuring global brand standards are adhered to across all communications and for recommending and executing strategic initiatives for the local Australian market The ultimate objective of these activities is to support the achievement of sales and revenue goals in all channels; with a focus on DTC.
- Day to day management of brand and trade marketing for the Australian brands in collaboration with the JFW global marketing team, Australian trade sales and DTC, local winemaking teams and the winery General Managers.
- Day to day management of 4 direct reports: two DTC/Cellar Door Managers and two Marketing Coordinators (based at Yangarra Estate and Giant Steps winery).
- Work with and support the JFW Australian trade sales team to provide programming ideas to drive sales, brand selling tools, coordinate events and other sales support (in the domestic Australian market)
- In collaboration with winery DTC managers, develop, implement and oversee DTC strategy and the management of all Cellar Door sales activities; including:
- Establishing DTC sales targets
- Developing and managing DTC campaigns
- DTC sales and reporting utilizing the CRM systems
- Marketing to direct mailing lists
- Implementing and managing the Wine Clubs
- Develop strategies to build the Wine Club and mailing list members
- Develop and implement strategies to increase Cellar Door visitation
- Oversee digital marketing including brand website content, and social media management, proactively looking for opportunities to drive brand awareness, engagement, and the DTC business
- Oversee creation of new brand assets: photography and video
- Manage PR activities within Australia in collaboration with winemaking and JFW global PR:
- Oversee the distribution of media samples, wine show entries, communicate results and reviews, and capitalize on key trophies, awards and reviews in all relevant channels.
- Preparation of sales reporting with support from Finance and Admin staff
- Oversee allocations by market and channel for each winery, in collaboration with relevant winery personnel, JFW sales and marketing.
- Create annual marketing plans for the Australian domestic market that represents key brand objectives and support the sales plan for all channels and align with global brand strategies.
- Make recommendations for innovation/NPD or portfolio rationalization in line with market/category trends and brand objectives.
- Work with the winery, JFW creative and brand teams on new products including packaging for these new product
- Manage the communication of new products and new vintages with JFW sales
- Oversee management of winery direct sales campaigns through Langton’s Direct
- Represent the wineries in relevant regional, trade and consumer events/meetings
- Other duties as assigned by JFW VP International Brands
Position Selection Criteria
- Strong understanding of marketing and brand management
- Good Management skills with proven experience managing direct reports
- Wine industry experience essential
- Strong inter-personal skills/ability to solve problems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours to accommodate time difference with JFW US-based team
- Ability to travel between Yarra Valley and McLaren Vale properties
- Proven highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Flexible, dynamic approach to business.
- Charismatic, approachable, resilient, and driven
- Proficiency in MS Office products and social media marketing platforms
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience in industry.
- Marketing, Communications, or similar degree
All JWE Australia staff and contractors are required to:
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
- Comply with the Work Health and Safety management system.