Scope of Position
This position leads in the maintenance and repairs of cellar, crush and facilities equipment. Facilitates equipment and facility modifications and improvements, performs scheduled inspection and operation of fire prevention and documents daily meter readings for facility compliance. Assists in all compliance reporting for state and local authorities.
- Perform periodic, preventive and predictive maintenance on all cellar, crush and facility equipment.
- Repair of all cellar and facilities equipment including fabrication of parts and installation of replacement parts.
- Diagnose and repair of electrical problems on various winery equipment.
- Weekly operation of fire pump and monthly testing of fire alarm systems.
- Assist in documentation collection and reporting for storm water, waste water and domestic water compliance
- Available for 24 hour-on call duties as needed
- Available to work extended hours and weekends during harvest
- Advanced plumbing skills including PVC and copper installation
- Advanced electrical skills including installation and troubleshooting. PLC and Frequency drive experience a plus
- Advanced fabrication skills including design, cutting, welding and machining stainless steel and aluminum
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Advanced knowledge of water and waste water systems
Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in maintaining mechanical equipment and some experience with electrical repairs. Must be organized and able to communicate in English, (bilingual with Spanish a plus). Must be able to lift 50 pounds and not sensitive to common cleaning solvents. Must be able to work overhead 50 feet in OSHA approved man lift. Must have a valid class “C” license and insurable by the company.