SUMMARY: Under general supervision, position installs, repairs, and performs preventative and emergency maintenance on a wide variety of winery equipment. Additionally, the technician will perform repairs on support equipment, buildings, fixtures, and systems at the production facility. This is a day shift during non-harvest and a swing shift during harvest. The candidate must be able to respond to emergency call-ins on weekends and should expect to work 6 days a week from August through November.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mechanical tasks, such as lubrication, filter replacing, and mechanical repairs to pumps, compressors, and filters.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair winery equipment.
- Review service requests for repairs, and maintenance, determine nature and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Use technical publications to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Purchase needed parts, receive and install.
- Conduct limited technical inspections on winery equipment and perform required preventative maintenance actions.
- Perform predictive maintenance on winery equipment.
- Perform corrective maintenance on winery equipment.
- Assist in the movement of materials and equipment as required.
- Perform any other task as assigned.
- Be a self-starter and work with limited supervision.
- Have fabricating skills, welding Stainless Steel and Aluminum (mig, tig), cutting, drilling, etc.
- Have electrical knowledge. Ability to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot with or without schematics.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a basic understanding of the computer and work with Word, Excel, E-mail, and research on the internet.
- Be able to read and write English and perform Mathematical calculations.
- Be able to read and understand technical manuals and publications.
- Be able to read various types of gauges, and meters and operate test equipment.
2 – 3 years winery or manufacturing maintenance experience as a Maintenance Mechanic preferred, or equivalent technical training. Must have a thorough knowledge of mechanical systems as they relate to winery equipment including, pumps, conveying systems, hydraulics, air systems, vacuum systems, air conditioning, and refrigeration. Must be organized with good follow-through and time management skills. Must be able to work overhead and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
$26.87 - $34.01 - $41.15 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.