JOB TITLE:Maintenance Technician
Under general supervision, this graveyard position installs, repairs, and performs preventative and emergency maintenance on a wide variety of still wine bottling line equipment that operates at 250 bottles per minute. Additionally, the technician will perform repairs on support equipment, buildings, fixtures and systems.
ESSENTINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mechanical tasks, such as lubrication, filter replacing and mechanical repairs to pumps, compressors, filters and various bottling equipment - depalletizers, fillers, capsule applicators, labelers, case packers and EOL.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair winery equipment.
- Repair and maintain equipment package change parts.
- Review service requests for repairs, and maintenance, determine nature and recommend appropriate solution.
- Use technical publications to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Use Integrated Maintenance Management Program to track and account for used parts inventory.
- Purchase needed parts, receive and install.
- Conduct limited technical inspections on winery and bottling equipment and perform required preventative maintenance actions.
- Perform predictive maintenance on winery and bottling equipment.
- Perform conduct corrective maintenance on winery and bottling equipment.
- Assist in the movement of materials and equipment as required.
- Perform any other task as assigned.
- Be a self starter and work with limited supervision.
- Have fabricating skills, welding (mig, tig), use of lathe and mill, etc.
- Have electrical knowledge.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a basic understanding of the computer and work with Word, Excel, E-mail and research on the internet.
- Be able to read and write English and perform Mathematical calculations.
- Be able to read and understand technical manuals and publications.
- Be able to read various types of gauges, meters and operate test equipment.
2 – 3 years winery bottling maintenance experience as a Maintenance Mechanic preferred, or equivalent technical training. Must have a thorough knowledge of mechanical systems as they relate to winery equipment including bottling line, hydraulics, air systems, vacuum systems, air conditioning and refrigeration. Must be organized with good follow through and time management skills. Must be able to work overhead and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.