Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family-owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent – individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality, and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2022, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the eighth year running and received the California Green Medal for Business Leadership in recognition of our leadership in sustainability and climate action. Learn more about who we are and what we do: https://www.jacksonfamilywines.com/
Under the general direction and supervision of the Estate Manager and the Assistant Estate Manager, the Lead Estate Host is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of wine and ensuring an exceptional brand experience for consumers through the highest level of product knowledge, hospitality and customer service. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Greets visitors to the Estate and ensure they enjoy their wine tasting experience and develop a very positive impression of our wines.
- Accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, appellations, unique aspects of wine, and winery history.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with our discerning cliental.
- Creates and projects the highest standards of hospitality and positive customer relations.
- Takes the initiative for ongoing self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality and acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
- Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales; processes returns, discounts, etc.
- Opens and closes business day, acting as a Supervisor when needed.
- Provides general wine country information and, in some cases, more concierge type service, calling restaurants for reservations, assisting with appointments at other enterprise wineries, etc.
- Assists with special winery hospitality events as required.
- Represents winery at outside functions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Possess an excellent knowledge of wines and winemaking processes.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Shows proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Two plus years related experience; luxury brand experience desired.
- Has high school diploma or GED; two to four years college experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
Must be able to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects