JACKSON FAMILY WINES – SOLEDAD, CA
General Description of Duties
Under general direction from and reporting to the Facility Winemaker, this position coordinates, reviews and controls all lab operations for wine produced on behalf of Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, and Carmel Road Wineries.
- Fluency in all routine wine analysis, including enzymatic and wet chemistry.
- Ensures analysis is accurate, timely, and appropriately recorded.
- Maintains all chemical and lab equipment inventories.
- Assists in the development of procedural and quality control policies and manuals.
- Maintains the SDS manuals for the laboratory, and is a member of the winery’s safety committee.
- Supervises and trains seasonal lab personnel.
- Develops operations and capital expenditure budgets.
- Regularly interacts with Lab Managers within the company to aid in the modernization and standardization of methods, equipment, and reporting.
- Sampling and reporting as it pertains to regulatory compliance (Local, State, other).
- Build a positive working environment, encouraging leadership and teamwork.
Permanent salaried position with full benefits.
Two full-time lab technicians.
Background and Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Enology or a related field, and 10+ years relevant wine industry or equivalent experience. Previous supervisory experience is required. Must possess a working knowledge of winemaking production and be proficient in all aspects of the wine laboratory. Intermediate to advanced computer skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Work schedule flexibility during and after harvest, including the ability to work weekends and evenings, if necessary. Must be able to lift 35 lbs., and be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time.