La Crema Winery is searching for an experienced, wine sales professional possessing the ability to represent our limited production wines while working in a high energy team sales environment. All applicants must be confident in their ability to softly sell wine while maintaining the La Crema brand standards. Successful candidates will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be an effective self-starter. This position will be responsible for developing new clientele and maintaining these relationships via phone and email outreach and occasionally in person on property.
If you meet the requirements above and below, and are looking for a challenge, then we enthusiastically invite you to apply for this position.
- Manages a base of 600-800 clients with the goal of growing each year.
- Participates as a serious revenue generating team member that helps the team meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Contact individuals by telephone to solicit sales of wine and related products while providing a high level of customer service.
- Explain products, and answer questions from customers.
- Obtain customer information and update customer records online.
- Initiate communications with customers regarding events, orders and Wine Club upsell opportunities, customer record maintenance
- Interact and communicate by phone with Wine Club, telephone and internet customers, providing information and customer service.
- Manage and maintain customer database including critical contact information, including but not limited to secure credit card data, club membership status, customer insights, buying preferences, buying history, and comments and transaction history
- Ensure legal compliance with inter-state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Respond to consumer requests, complaints and identify areas of improvement.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 plus years’ related experience preferred in sales, customer service or hospitality and with knowledge of presenting and selling wine.
- Demonstrated and proven success managing consumer database, email and mailing lists.
- Being a team player is a must have skill set.
- Knowledge of luxury wines and wine production required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Computer Skills: Excel, Outlook and Word required. Database management experience preferred.