Job Name: Kendall-Jackson Direct Sales Associate
Job Category: Direct-to-Consumer (DTC)
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Primary responsibility is to sell our limited production wines to our member base over the phone, enter orders into the order entry system, and follow-up with customers. Build on-going relationships.
- Contact individuals to solicit sales of wine and related products. Use phone (primary), digital, and email tactics.
- Initiate sales calls, depending on customer membership, sales history or brand needs. Convince customers to purchase wine, while providing an elevated level of customer service and brand awareness.
- Adjust sales calls, as needed, to better target the needs and interests of the buyers.
- Have good general knowledge of wine including: the industry, varietals and winemaking.
- Explain wines and answer questions from customers.
- Provide brand information and customer service.
- Obtain customer information and update customer records online.
- Initiate communications with customers as needed for: brand events, wine club upsell, abandoned cart online orders and customer maintenance.
- Work at on-site member events to represent brand and sell wines.
- Manage and maintain customer database including critical contact information, including but not limited to secure credit card data, club membership status, customer insights, buying preferences, buying history, and comments and transaction history
- Ensure legal compliance with state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Respond to consumer requests, complaints and identify areas of improvement.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures.
- Education: College credential preferred
- Intermediate to advanced wine knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated and proven success meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a sales/tele sales,
- A minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated and proven success managing consumer database, email and mailing lists.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively over phone, email and in person.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Pro-Active, Creative and Strategic mindset as relates to sales.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity: The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition: The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Expression: The ability to craft emails, texts or other written communications in a concise and fluent manner so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Computer Skills: Excel and Word required. Database management experience preferred.