Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
Our IT Support Technician provides technical support, responds to users via telephone, online support tools to resolve technical issues related to applications and services. Diagnoses problem source through analysis, testing and discussions with users. Performs tracking and documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company's service desk software. Also, assists users in help fulfilling requests for software and hardware. Responsible in assisting development of documents, validating as directed, unit testing and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the following duties and responsibilities, others may be assigned:
- Provide support as follows:
- Receive and record support requests via phone calls and e-mails to the Help Desk.
- Provide technical support to customers using remote control software.
- Interview users to document detailed problem description, procedures followed and potential source of errors.
- Determine whether problem is caused by hardware (e.g., modem, printer, cables, etc.) or software and provide direct first and some second level support whenever possible.
- Assist users having minor problems using company standard computer software and hardware or inquiring about how to use specific software such as desktop productivity tools (MS Office 365), printing, electronic mail (online, remote or web access), and operating systems.
- Prioritize support calls and troubleshoot, analyze and resolve when possible to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. If you are unable to resolve the problem, escalate to the appropriate individual or team.
- Respond to user status inquiries on support calls and accurately update tickets on a daily basis.
- Open minded and engaged at finding ways to better work as team.
- Regularly contribute content to the knowledge base through documentation of solutions.
- Must be able to work between the hours of 6:00am – 6:00pm, Mon- Fri. On-call and weekend support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have demonstrated experience in each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least one year of technical support experience.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification preferred.
- Dell Certified Technician a plus.
- High-level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Help Desk, hotline or equivalent customer support experience.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner and maintain composure in difficult and stressful situations.
Working knowledge and experience in the following is required:
- Windows operating systems: Windows 7 and/or Windows 10
- Macintosh operating systems are plus!
- Experience with mobile devices and tablets: Apple iOS or Android hardware and software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher)
- Desktop application or system experience in the following is preferred:
* Malware diagnosis, troubleshooting and removal
* Imaging software
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Client Access iSeries connectivity products
* Wide area and local area networks
* VPN software
* SaaS (browser-based) software
* Client/Server software
* Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Client software
Language Skills: Ability to clearly write and speak the English language. Ability to read and understand technical documents relating to computers, operating system software, application software, hardware and networks. Ability to compose and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to small groups of employees, business partners and/or vendors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to draw and interpret graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to implement detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete and abstract variables.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance. A significant amount of manual dexterity is required. The employee must be able to lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.