Responsible for the operation and continuous improvement of the enterprise Information Technology help desk, onsite technician support, PC deployment and associated service management systems. The Help Desk Manager will demonstrate a blend of leadership, positive personality, customer service, technical skills, sense of urgency and dedication for the daily operations of Jackson Family Wines. The Help Desk Manager will lead a large team supporting over 2000 end users and must understand the use of technology and its related use in our diverse and geographically disbursed business. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the design, implementation, operation and support of enterprise applications and/or infrastructure solutions and services. In addition, will have experience in managing support transition projects of new and existing systems to the Help Desk.
Manage and run the Help Desk and onsite support operation for the enterprise including the management of a large technical support team. Responsible for PC/Desktop deployments and maintaining IT supplies and computer inventories including the proper disposal of all obsolete computer assets in accordance with policy. Manage 3rd party vendors and associated maintenance contracts to enable equipment maintenance and escalate outages related to printers, copiers, etc.. Assist with maintaining and updating computer images and upgrades. Manage ongoing improvements and standardization to company conference room technology and audio video equipment. Continuously improve and align help desk processes and procedures to better align with industry ITIL standards. Focus on improving productivity and ultimately improving customer satisfaction.
Additionally, the Help Desk Manager will be responsible for the ownership and management of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of products including Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Yammer, Skype/Teams, etc... Responsibilities will include relationship management and collaboration with Microsoft on their features and product roadmap, driving down internal support burden and increasing overall business adoption, thus increasing company productivity.
Works directly with IT and functional leadership throughout the company to influence, shape and develop systems/solutions to support long and short-term business objectives. Recommends new initiatives through business case and leads enterprise wide projects. Manages financial planning and budgeting for required project initiatives, maintenance and resources.
- Multitask and prioritize requests in a complex, diverse, production environment
- Manage relationships with after-hours Help Desk support vendor and other IT-related vendors
- Oversees recruiting, training, mentoring and conducts annual performance evaluations
- Communicates IT maintenance, downtime, and outages to end users
Drives innovation in a team environment cross functionally with customers, peers and vendors to improve company efficiency and effectiveness. Maintains in-depth knowledge of applications and technology and participates in the planning, launch and support of new and existing business applications/systems.
- Through reporting and metrics definition, ensure SLA compliance and customer satisfaction are met daily
- Identify trends and patterns to proactively prevent issues or outages
- Create and maintain knowledge base documentation for the Help Desk and end user self-service
- Work with the Applications and Engineering teams to pilot, test, and implement new technologies
- Maintain knowledge of IT policies and procedures and supported technologies, while being aware of current industry trends and technologies
Achieve business goals by fostering innovation and prioritizing initiatives. Responsible for overall service management product quality and directs the stabilization and continuous improvement of the owned systems and solutions. Will be responsible for the definition, selection, implementation of a new service management platform. Will lead team to deliver new capabilities, features and functionality for the owned platforms in alignment with business needs.
- Respond to all computer and deskside equipment failures in accordance with ticketing procedures for immediate corrective actions
- Serve as a second-tier escalation point for user support requests
- Review and escalate user support requests to the Engineering team
- Manage on-call and afterhours staff rotations and escalations
- Bachelor's degree in business/computer science/engineering or related field, plus 6 years relevant work experience; or 10 years equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience is preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certification or excellent knowledge essential in the areas of incident, request, problem and change management
- Strong experience with Office365 applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations regarding support issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills in a Windows based enterprise environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing, retail, or similar wine industry highly desired
- Flexible work schedule meeting demands of the support teams
- Excellent cross functional facilitator and large audience speaker
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Lean and or Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and Scum process frameworks
- Demonstrates sense of urgency
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal