Irrigator Check for leaks and maintains and repairs sprinklers before frost.
- Maintain irrigation systems (filters, sprinkler heads, drip systems, etc..).
- Assist with irrigation system repairs (uncovering problem).
- Assist with fertilizer injection and applications.
- Must be able to operate an ATV
- Must follow all of the company’s safety rules and regulations at all times.
(Intermediate) (In addition to Beginning)
- Directly perform the duty of repairing all systems.
- Will be responsible for the correct utilization of all pumps/filters/injectors.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of all irrigation equipment.
- Is responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment around his workstation which includes: pumps, reservoirs, filters, wells, etc...
- Must be able to read and write in order to maintain proper records. As well as the utilization of a calculator.
(Advanced) (In addition to Beginning and Intermediate)
- Will work with little to no supervision.
- Operates pumps and perform all levels of maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and identifies what specific parts are needed for repair.
- Responsible for all irrigation related duties.
- Reading maps and identifying material needed for new system installation.
- Pressure bomb reading.
- Data collection, cluster count, petiole sampling, sugar sampling.
- Responsible for keeping all records of all tasks performed by his department.
- Computer Inputting of all records.
- General operation of trencher and low skilled tractor operations.
- California driver’s license.
Oversees small installation crew
Experience and Training:
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual needs to be able to perform the following duties:
- Operate an ATV (safely)
- Operate a pickup (safely)
- Must be able to read and write (English a plus)
- Maintain safety, quality, and efficiency, at a job at a high level.
- Will need two (2) or more years experience and/or learn the position quickly by means of on the job training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
In addition, the employee will be exposed to potential hazardous working conditions. (i.e. trenches, equipment, materials (large pipe), high water pressures, chemicals/fertilizers, and drip line cleaners (e.g. chlorine).