POSITION SUMMARY: This person will operate and maintain all forms of Irrigation Systems, including drip, macro, and micro sprinklers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (works with all forms of irrigation including drip and sprinkler):
- Check for leaks and maintains and repairs sprinklers before frost.
- Maintain irrigation systems (filters, sprinklers heads, drip systems, etc.
- Assist with irrigation systems repairs (uncovering problems)
- Assist with fertilizer injection and applications.
- Must follow all the company’s safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Directly perform the duty of repairing all systems
- Will be responsible for the correct utilization of all pumps/filters/injectors
- Responsible for the maintenance of all irrigation equipment
- Is responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment and workstation which includes pumps, reservoirs, filters, wells, etc.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Operates pumps and perform all levels of maintenance
- Troubleshoot and identifies what the specific parts are needed for repair
- Reading maps and identifying material needed for new system installation
- Pressure bomb reading
- Data collection, cluster count, petiole sampling, sugar sampling
- Responsible for keeping all records for all tasks performed by their department
- Computer inputting for all records
- General operation of trencher and low skilled tractor operations
Oversees small installation crew.
Experience and Training:
To perform this job successfully, an individual needs to be able to performs the following duties:
- Safely operate ATV
- Safely operate vehicle
- Ability to read and write (English preferred) and utilize calculator to maintain proper records
- Maintain safety, quality, and efficiency at a high level
- Two (2) or more years’ experience and/or ability to learn quickly by means of on-the-job training
- Must have valid California driver’s license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
In addition, the employee will be exposed to potentially hazardous working conditions. (i.e. trenches, equipment, materials (large pipe), high water pressures, chemicals/fertilizers, and drip line cleaners (e.g. chlorine)
Pay Range: $17.06 - $19.00 - $21.42 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.