This person will operate and maintain all forms of Irrigation Systems, including: drip, macro, and micro sprinklers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (works with all forms of irrigation including drip and sprinkler):
- Check for leaks and maintains and repairs sprinklers before frost.
- Maintain irrigation systems (filters, sprinklers heads, drip systems, etc.…).
- Assist with irrigation systems repairs (uncovering problem).
- Assist with fertilizer injection and applications.
- Must be able to operate an ATV.
- Must follow all of the company’s safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Directly perform the duty or repairing all systems.
- Will be responsible for the correct utilization of all pumps/filters/injectors.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of all irrigation equipment
- Is responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment around his workstation which includes: pumps, reservoirs, filters, wells, etc.
- Must be able to read and write in order to maintain proper records, as well as utilization of a calculator.
- Will work with little to no supervision.
- Operates pumps and perform all levels of maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and identifies what the specific parts are needed for repair.
- Responsible for all irrigation related duties.
- Reading maps and identifying material needed for new system installation.
- Pressure bomb reading.
- Data collection, cluster count, petiole sampling, sugar sampling.
- Responsible for keeping all records for all tasks performed by his department.
- Computer inputting for all records.
- General operation of trencher and low skilled tractor operations.
- California driver’s license.
Oversees small installation crew.
Experience and Training:
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual needs to be able to performs the following duties:
- Operate an ATV (safely).
- Operate pickup (safely).
- Must be able to read and write (English a plus).
- Maintain safety, quality, and efficiency, at a job at a high level.
- Will need two (2) or more years’ experience and/or learn the position quickly by meansof on the job training.
In addition, the employee will be exposed to potential hazardous working conditions. (i.e. trenches, equipment, materials (large pipe), high water pressures, chemicals/fertilizers, and drip line cleaners (e.g. chlorine).