Under the supervision of the Inventory Systems Manager, this position is responsible for executing order fulfillment for all samples and donation requests. Requires a multitude of skill sets to carry out effective business processes including, ability to prioritize and manage a fast-paced workload. Liaising at a high level of professionalism with various internal departments, ability to identity resolution for unique problems, and all other necessary functions to facilitate order fulfillment.
- Responsible for picking, labeling, packing and shipping orders daily or as needed.
- Manage samples packaging material inventory and replenishments.
- Responsible for inventory activity to include cycle counts, location moves.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of physical inventory with system inventory in JD Edwards.
- Responsible as team member in the full physical annual inventory count as required by accounting auditors.
- Responsible of the completion of all internal transfers into the sample room area.
- Ensure that all samples orders are ship confirmed in JD Edwards.
- Processing of all samples and donation requests both domestic and international, via sample request form from internal customers.
- Ensures on-time completion of all samples and donation requests for ownership, events, tastings, education, public relations, sales, marketing, legal, wine-making production. Ability to come through in ‘emergency’ situations quickly and calmly.
- Compliance verification by state. Extreme attention to detail is critical in ensuring compliance with federal and state alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Special labeling required by federal and state alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Prepare proforma invoices for customs clearance on international samples, and any other export documentation as required.
- Review inventory levels for product availability. Works with the Customer Service Samples Specialist to process transfers from other locations in a timely manner to fill orders in hand.
- Notify Customer Service Samples Specialist of any changes to orders whether it is vintage change, ship date or other information that is different from original request.
- Assist department in planning and implementing procedures.
- Maintain shipping documents, electronic and hard files of orders processed annually by month.
- Communicates any special shipping arrangements with the warehouse transportation coordinator.
- Work with Customer Service Samples Specialist to research customer complaints and ensure their satisfaction with prompt action and thorough follow-up (i.e. Product returns, miss-ships, etc.)
- Follow the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Follow the company’s safety and sanitation practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Must have strong organizational and inventory skills with attention to detail. Familiarity with JD Edwards and advanced skills in MS Word and Excel are required. Ability to set and maintain deadlines, work on multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks. Must be able to communicate effectively with internal customers from widely varying departments, both verbally and written.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, or equivalent, required. College degree is a preferred, but not required. Related wine industry experience is highly desired. Previous inventory and order processing experience required. Prefer parcel shipping experience.
Basic English. Additional languages a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to stand, bend, safely use step ladder and lift over your head throughout your shift. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to walk through facilities without limitations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a fast-paced physical work environment with all levels of personalities within the facility. Must be a team player who is able to act independently with minimal supervision. Strong problem-solving skills are required. Being solution-oriented with excellent follow through skills is essential in this position. Must be able to perform duties in a warehouse environment that consists of moderate noise such as computers, printers and forklifts, etc.