Jackson Family Wines (JFW) is a family-owned company based in Santa Rosa, California that includes such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Murphy-Goode, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey, Cambria, and Byron. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
As the Inventory Accounting Supervisor at JFW you will be a key member of the finance team reporting to the Director of Inventory and Cost Accounting and managing the Staff Accountant – Inventory. The successful candidate will be trusted with overhauling the inventory sub ledger and reconciliation process in the first 6 to 12 months in the role. This project will require you to apply your superior accounting knowledge and interpersonal skills to cross functionally develop and implement the new process and procedures. Through this project you will build the foundational knowledge and relationships that will enable future success.
Beyond the first 6 – 12 months you will be the expert in all aspects of JFW inventory, supporting all US production and winery sites stretching from Oregon to Central California. Your focus will be ensuring that all inventories are accurate, that inventory positions are clearly understood, are being managed and forecasted and that risks are highlighted timely and effectively to allow for optimal management decision making. An ability to work independently and manage priorities in a complex environment will be key to success in this role. We are looking for a team player with a positive service attitude who takes initiative, is motivated by getting results and will stay focused and determined until success is achieved.
- Reconciliations and journal entries for grapes, bulk wine, dry supplies and finished goods
- In-transit inventory reconciliations and reporting
- Reporting and forecasting of grape purchases and sales, bulk wine purchases and sales and 3rd party processing
- Reporting and analysis of SOH positions and evolution
- Assist with cycle counts and complete cycle count reporting and analysis
- Continuously improve inventory accounting processes
- Manage the Staff Accountant – Inventory’s daily tasks, annual goals, and performance evaluation
This role requires someone with a strong knowledge of accounting principles and processes who has previously worked in a manufacturing environment with inventory reconciliations. Experience with ERP systems is a must and previous ERP implementation experience would be very beneficial.
Additional requirements for this role are:
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or the equivalent in education/experience
- Experience building management reporting and analysis
- Experience implanting process changes
- Experience in managing direct reports preferred
- Knowledge of cost accounting preferred