Vinwood Cellars is located smack bang between the picturesque towns of Healdsburg and Geyserville in northern Sonoma County. Surrounded by vines, Vinwood is a large winery specializing in the production of Sauvignon Blanc, Bordeaux reds and America’s #1 Chardonnay. Due to our diverse range of wines produced, harvest typically runs longer than usual.
We have a passionate team with a wealth of experience and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a fun-loving, energetic, hardworking wine enthusiast that thrives to work in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Manager, the Harvest Laboratory Technician performs vineyard, juice, and wine analysis in a fast-paced winery dedicated to production. Our ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn more about wine production from the laboratory standpoint.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Become an integral member of the harvest team by becoming proficient in the analysis performed in the lab
- Perform routine wet chemistry analysis in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform harvest and post-harvest analysis using autoanalyzers
- Brettanomyces monitoring using a benchtop PCR
- Make and standardize reagents
- Record results accurately in the proper locations
- Monitor tanks and barrels fermentation daily
- Collect samples from tanks and barrels during primary and malolactic fermentation
- Support winemaking staff in setting up sensory trials or tasting trials when assigned
- Participate in lab general housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
A science degree is required and working knowledge of wine chemistry or previous lab experience is preferred. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail. Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, overtime and varying shifts (including evenings and nights).
Required to stand for extended periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 35 pounds of weight.