Join the La Crema Winery Team for Harvest 2020! We are located in the Russian River Valley of northern California, we are a prime producer of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Other varietals include Rosé of Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris. We pride ourselves with being an ultra premium producer of exceptional wines
Under the general direction of the Sr. Laboratory Manager, the Harvest Laboratory Technician will perform routine juice and wine analysis. This position requires the ability to follow directions safely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze samples in a timely manner
- Follow laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and safety protocols
- Record results in proper journals
- Maintain Winemaker’s database (BIMS)
- Monitor tank and barrel fermentations as requested
- Collect representative samples from tanks and barrels
- Participate in lab general housekeeping
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and laboratory staff
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Science degree or previous lab experience is preferred. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts.
Required to stand long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of weight. Candidate must successfully complete post-offer pre-employment drug/physical screening.