The Coordinator is responsible for the receipt, delivery and tracking of incoming products from outside carriers. Will direct outside carriers to warehouse personnel for loading and unloading of product. Controls paperwork flow between drivers and warehouse to ensure all documents are in order and to ensure that documents flow to the correct departments and personnel.
- Initial check-in and first point of contact for Inbound and Outbound drivers.
- Confirms product deliveries with appointment times and PO’s
- Matches incoming BOL’s with system generated receiving documents.
- Identifies incoming discrepancies with Customer Service to ensure efficient receiving processes
- Customer Service contact for PO status.
- Assigns dock door to drivers for efficient loading and unloading.
- Controls paperwork flow between drivers and warehouse to ensure all documents are retained and distributed to the correct department.
- Prints receiving documents.
- Tracks and orders warehouse supplies.
- Run various reports (velocity, frequency, etc.) to support warehouse slotting
- Check-in company driver’s returns and pickups to insure accurate reconciliation.
- Incoming container scheduling
- Chain appointment scheduling
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in warehouse traffic, preferred.
- Relevant experience with shipping and receiving.
- Sound communication skills; must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Must be computer savvy and comfortable working with various computer programs (i.e., working knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as excel and word at an intermediate level)
- Intermediate MS Word and MS Excel