Responsible for day-to-day support and administration of policies and programs related to recruiting and staffing, compensation and benefits, compliance and FLSA, employee relations, performance management, workers compensation, and other related company programs and protocols. Contributes human resources support to help ensure and maintain best practices and maintain a positive and healthy work environment. Provides reports and key human resource information/trends to management teams and HRBP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work Environment: Assists HRBP and management as required to address a variety of initiatives and/or business issues.
- Employee Relations: The HR Generalist is proactive, accessible, and provides visible support to employees. Drives a positive and engaged work environment.
- Assistance: May attend regular staff meetings, provides viable options and solutions to address issues that may arise, and is knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
- Benefits Planning, Administration and Support: Provides Open Enrollment information, presentations and program expertise; provides on-going general benefit information for employees and timely related communications. Receives, responds to and processes SDI, EDD, COBRA inquiries.
- Staffing/Recruiting: Prepares job descriptions, schedules and manages Pre-Employment testing; provides support and direction for reference checking, interviewing, and offer letters; processes new hires and provides appropriate orientation for new employees for first day, week, month. Assists with sourcing temporary employees, works with temp agencies to ensure quality candidates for open positions; ensures temp agencies rates are competitive and quality candidate standards are being met.
- Policy and Procedures: Interprets and informs employees and management on company Policy/Procedures, compliance requirements. Leads policy rollouts and updates according to company standards and requirements.
- Worker's Compensation/Leaves: Understands workers compensation practices; timely files all workers comp claims, arranges clinic appointments for injured workers, liaises with claims administrator as necessary to ensure clear communications/resolution of claims.
- Basic Administration: Maintains accurate and confidential employee records and personnel files according to company protocols.
- Office Management: Manages functional operations and procedures and monitors to enhance timely and efficient workflow, including but not limited to: staffing, compliance, company records and filing systems, supplies and vendors.
- Payroll Processing: Supports payroll processing in the area of adherence to CA state employment wage and hour laws (through random audits of time reports). Understands and is able to communicate to employees the company pay guidelines as well as basic wage and hour requirements.
- Safety: Maintains all safety recordkeeping, including data reporting, tracking and filing and participating in the safety committee meetings. Work with Safety Manager to maintain and distribute the yearly safety agenda; may assist with developing and managing local incentive programs.
Reports directly to Vin Lux HR Business Partner
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess an associate or bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or closely related field or equivalent SHRM certification.
- Three years of recent, relevant years of diverse experience in several areas of human resources.
- Works effectively with a variety of employees and management. Demonstrates the ability to value and utilize different styles, experiences, backgrounds and ideas.
- Uses good judgment, makes sounds and timely decisions. Maintains strict confidentiality. Possesses professional demeanor and develops solid and trusting business relationships.
- Must be proficient with intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must also be competent in electronic calendar software (i.e. MS Outlook, GroupWise). Experience with JD Edwards a plus.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency, able to manage multiple priorities, takes responsibility for all aspects of role requirements.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and sense of urgency.
- Possesses a valid California Driver’s License and insurance; able to drive to meetings at other locations on occasional basis.
- Must have flexibility to work as required during peak times
- Position requires daily on-site presence; telecommuting, working remote not an option.
- Bilingual skills a plus.