Provides excellent customer service and HR operations support to internal and external clients. Coordinates new hire onboarding, workers compensation, wellness, and other Human Resources operational and wellness responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With excellent customer service, answers all calls and emails sent to HR Direct with a one business day (24 hours) maximum response time or within deadline for the request, whichever is sooner.
- Completes new employee onboarding process according to established procedures, explains benefits options; demonstrating comprehensive understanding of benefits.
- Processes Paper SCFs for all transactions that are not automated, including ensuring appropriate approvals, routing to payroll, filing as necessary and completes any other necessary action steps to fully process transaction.
- Coordinates pre-employment testing program including tracking results, scheduling appointments, ensuring proper protocols are followed.
- Handles hiring process, meeting with new employees on first day, completing I-9 ‘s, explaining benefits, etc.
- Processes employee terminations according to established processes.
- Coordinates administration of workers’ compensation and unemployment claims according to documented procedure.
- Leads OSHA reporting duties for all locations. Prepares and posts OSHA 300A forms annually.
- Maintains Process and Procedures folders shared with Office Managers ensuring documents are up to date and procedures are updated if needed (with assistance from Supervisor).
- Acts as liaison for Office Managers and assists with information when needed.
- Prepares and tracks FedEx and other mailings and ensures they are sent out on a daily basis.
- Prepares reports as requested by managers using template reports.
- Processes invoices and keeps account information current.
- Makes sure HR documents are up to date in onboarding system: EDD booklets, brochures, handouts.
- Responsible for general HR Direct clerical duties such as: filing, labeling, making folders, archiving, check mail and more.
- Maintains DMV Pull Program up to date on spreadsheet. Add/Delete employees on a monthly basis and process DMV invoice.
- Provides backup to HR Specialist/Payroll as needed.
- On annual basis is responsible for order and distribution of required Labor Law posters and ensuring all Labor Law Posters are displayed properly in all locations.
- Annually coordinates annual giving tree, collects gifts and distributes to OM’s.
- Assists with various department projects as needed and performs all other duties as assigned.
- In conjunction with other core members of team, offers suggestions and makes decisions regarding different monthly ‘challenges’ and focuses.
- Assists in executing pre-determined challenges.
- Ensures department contact list is up to date and each employee is being given wellness information.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Strong Excel required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- An interest in or experience with wellness is a plus.
- Two to four years direct, relevant experience in Human Resource administration.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence with a high level of detail and precision.
- Experience in and a passion for wellness highly desired.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated high touch customer service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; maintains confidentiality; diplomatic, professional.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Fluency in Spanish desired.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or understand instructions. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance. A significant amount of manual dexterity is required. The employee must be able to lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.