Jackson Family Wines is a family owned company based in Santa Rosa, California that oversees all of the wine production and marketing for the Jackson Family, including such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey, Cambria and Byron. The family owns thousands of acres of prime vineyard land in California and Oregon, as well as wineries and vineyards in Australia, Chile, France, Italy and South Africa. The family also owns numerous other wine industry businesses, including a barrel maker, and distribution companies.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will provide strategic and tactical HR support to various teams throughout the Company including Legal, Property Management, Finance, IT, Family Office, Oregon and other teams. The Human Resource Business Partner is knowledgeable in all business aspects of their client groups and is responsible for providing guidance and counsel for performance management, organizational development, employee relations, policy and regulatory interpretation, workforce planning, engagement and retention, employment law, and compensation. The HRBP will work with department leaders and managers to define and address complex issues and ensure execution of ongoing programs/processes to enhance organizational performance and employee engagement.
- Partner with business managers to develop effective and innovative recommendations/solutions to support them in meeting strategic business objectives.
- Provide HR consultation, policy/procedure interpretation and sound thoughtful guidance to business unit leadership and management.
- Partner with management to proactively maintain a positive work environment; identify potential workforce and employee relations issues and work to prevent, minimize, and manage to reasonable resolution.
- Provide guidance and counsel to managers relative to the company’s performance management tools, problem resolution process, and performance improvement plans.
- Partners with managers to ensure any needed separations proceed smoothly while mitigating risks to organization. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues; conducts timely, thorough and objective investigations; takes the lead in managing/responding to any employment claims for client groups.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Understands and contributes to overall staffing plan for client groups; assist departments in developing recruitment strategies; assist in the hiring process and compliance issues as needed
- Counsel employees/managers on benefits and leave programs including: workers’ compensation, short-term disability, long-term disability FMLA, and other leaves; liaison with Benefits staff as appropriate; manages complex leaves.
- May serve as consultant or team lead on complex projects and interventions.
- Keeps abreast of current HR trends and developments and competitive best practices.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Five years measurable, relevant success in an HR generalist/business partner role with exposure to medium and large company environments.
- Prior experience in process improvement, change management, or other impactful initiatives, as well as anticipating and addressing changing business needs.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, complex business environment; can maintain composure and calm approach during challenging interactions/tight timelines.
- Ability to comfortably operate with a high level of autonomy as well as collaborating with HR Team on project initiatives; proactive, self-motivated, self-directed.
- Possesses effective communication skills; can build trust and rapport with employees and management at all levels.
- Possesses effective consultative, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, solid coaching and counseling capabilities, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to focus on strategy as well as executing and delivering on day-to-day client group needs.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; possesses versatility, flexibility, and ability to effectively balance and respond to frequently changing priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, strong customer service orientation.
- Takes full responsibility at all times for managing and executing position responsibilities.
- Demonstrates integrity, discretion, professional demeanor and appropriate confidentiality at all times.
- Possesses strong systems savvy and experience using HRIS and Talent Management systems. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)