SCOPE OF POSITION:
Create, coordinate and execute special events, including trade events, wine education, sales and marketing events and company sponsored events. Work as liaison to schedule guest visits and experiences at all our Oregon wineries.
The Events Coordinator assists the Hospitality and Events Manager in the creation, coordination, tracking, recapping and future planning of special events. Distributes private event/marketing brochures to local DMC’s, hotels, tour companies and wineries. Coordinates special events with internal departments, rental companies, caterers / chefs, musicians and more to ensure events are properly executed.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Coordinates tasting itineraries for both tasting room and trade guests across our Oregon properties
- Answer incoming event and hospitality calls and emails in a timely manner
- Work with DMC’s, hotels and tour companies to schedule appointments and special events at our Oregon wineries
- Assists teams with tastings, hospitality events and sales
- Work with internal and external customers in the coordination of events in Oregon. This includes food and wine service, staffing, rentals, and décor as well as the set up and break down of all events
- Manages and updates event RSVP lists
- Accurately process bill backs to departments for services rendered
- Collects all event billing information and enter into database
- Assists Hospitality Manager in the oversight of our event inventory and maintenance of JFW Hospitality equipment
- Provide general support to the Hospitality and Events Manager as needed
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
Two years minimum experience and/or college course work in administration and scheduling responsibilities in the hospitality industry is required. Strong communication skills and a solid command of English grammar both written and verbal a must. Excellent organizational and customer service skills are required. The ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of detail is required. Must possess effective skills in Microsoft Office applications. An understanding of wine as well as the principles of food and wine pairing; ability to articulate this knowledge is a plus. This position is full time, requiring a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend availability.