General Description of Duties
Under the general direction of the Production Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic (Seasonal) repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment. Working across multiple wineries, individual will be responsible for including but not limited to the following duties:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of facility equipment and grounds per monthly maintenance schedule while following all safety rules and regulations.
- Troubleshoot mechanical devices in operation evaluating their performance and efficiency.
- Dismantle devices, examine components and repair or replace defective parts.
- Use equipment and tools properly. Use of PPE is required. Maintain a clean work area/shop.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on ladders, operate forklifts; boom lift experience a plus.
- Use an electrical meter up to 480VAC in troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment.
- Set up and operate drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Complete projects on time while demonstrating the ability to move from one project to another as needed.
- Generate suggestions for improving work and develop innovative approaches and ideas.
- Observe and promote safety and security procedures.
- Demonstrate patience and a team-oriented attitude.
- Able to work twelve-hour shifts with the potential for weekends and nights.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Experience and Training
Requires a minimum of high school diploma, and 3 to 5 years of previous experience working in a winery or processing environment. Journey-level or equivalent experience in trades. Working knowledge of IT systems and program automation. PLC experience a plus. Must have ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and math with knowledge of Spanish a Plus. Must have a valid California driver’s license.
Must be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds and work safely around electrical equipment, machinery and chemicals.