Looking for a winery that offers the best tacos in Oregon only minutes away? A winery that not only likes Halloween, but also turns dressing up into a competitive sport? Then look no further!
We are a fully kitted out mid-sized winery in McMinnville focused on producing premium Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and a few other varietals from some of the best vineyards in the Willamette Valley.
Whether you’re a seasoned harvest cellar worker looking to hone your existing skills or a novice looking to see what all the fuss is about – we’ve got you covered. The full-time team is made up of weirdos with varying backgrounds that give the winery a well-rounded approach to teaching. Fostering a fun work environment is just as important to us as working hard. You will undoubtedly leave this harvest with more confidence, crazy inside jokes, and a greater appreciation for all things fermented - whether this is your first harvest or your fifth.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning of both equipment and facility
- Forklifting – unloading and loading fruit, safely driving barrels
- Harvest activities – moving, sorting pressing, punching, pulsing, and pumping all the grapes
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients, etc.
- Barrel work – cleaning, steaming, filling, emptying, and topping
- Tank work - racking, transferring/blending both juice and wine
- Sampling – obtain grape, juice, and/or wine samples
Qualified candidates must be able to safely work. Including standing, lifting/carrying 50lbs and working at height such as catwalks and ladders. Requires work schedule flexibility. Candidate should have effective English communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and have a sense of pride in your work. Previous harvest and/or production experience is a plus. A great attitude and passion for all things consumable will help you fit right in!
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation, and some harvest meals will be provided.
All applicants must be able to legally work in the US and must pass pre-employment testing before beginning work.