Position Title: Seasonal Skilled Winery Worker
This seasonal position is responsible for a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks in the cellar such as operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine. This position is under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, Assistant Cellarmaster, Winemaker, and Cellar Foreperson.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Perform equipment set-up duties
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Wine and juice transfers, racking, blending, moving hoses and equipment
- Chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine
- Complete understanding of barrel operations: filling, racking, topping
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellarmaster
Must be able to perform the work assigned with little or no supervision. Must be able to operate a hoist, crusher, press, centrifuge, chiller and filter. May take a lead role during harvest. Must be able to follow and communicate verbal and written safety and work instructions in English. This position requires good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills. Must be able to work safely around equipment electrical outlets and procedures. The individual selected for this position must be reliable and possess a good work ethic. Must be flexible and able to work any shift and overtime as needed, especially during harvest. This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, climb, push and pull hoses, move barrels and regularly lift and carry 50 lbs.
A weekly harvest lunch will be provided.
All applicants must pass a drug and physical test after receiving an offer of employment to be eligible to commence employment.