We are a mid-sized winery focused on producing premium Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and a few other varietals from some of the best vineyards in Oregon. With just a few vintage’s worth of wear and tear, our state-of-the-art laboratory and winery still shine with all the bells and whistles! Our winery is located in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, McMinnville.
We are a diverse and extremely passionate team who are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, creative, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you!
Under the general direction of the Enologist, the Laboratory Technician will perform routine juice and wine analysis, including Brix, pH, TA, NH3, PAN, RS, ML, AC, Alcohol, Free & Total SO2. This position requires the ability to follow directions safely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze samples in a timely manner
- Follow laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and safety protocols
- Record results in proper journals
- Maintain Winemaker’s database (BIMS)(LIMS)
- Monitor tank and barrel fermentations as requested
- Collect representative samples from tanks and barrels
- Participate in lab general housekeeping
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Occasional cellar work when time allows.
This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and an upbeat attitude. Science degree in chemistry, biology, food science or related science field with previous lab experience is ideal though not required. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts.
Required to stand for extended periods of time, routinely required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 50lbs of weight.
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance may be provided to help find housing. Some meals provided throughout harvest.
All applicants must be able to legally work in the US and must pass pre-employment testing before beginning work.