Geyserville, Sonoma County, California
Winery Worker – Harvest Intern
Vinwood Cellars is located smack bang between the picturesque towns of Healdsburg and Geyserville in northern Sonoma County. Surrounded by vines, Vinwood is a large winery specilizing in the production of Sauvignon Blanc, Bordeaux reds and America’s #1 Chardonnay. Due to our diverse range of wines produced, harvest typicaly runs longer than usual.
We have a passionate team with a wealth of experience and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a fun-loving, energetic, hardworking wine enthusiast that thrives to work in a team envirmonment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
Working in an indoor / outdoor facility and reporting to directions given by the Cellarmaster and Winemakers, the successful applicant will have opportunities to perform the following:
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Red fermentation management – pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations
- The use of all cellar equipment (and most importantly) it’s cleaning & sanitizing.
- Racking, transferring and the movement of juice and wine
- Taking samples and helping the lab team when required
- Barrel work – filling, cleaning, racking and topping
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods
- Special projects and experiments when required
- Previous harvest experience is preferred but not 100% necessary and a degree in winemaking/enology is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long hours through the busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation. A weekly harvest lunch will also be enjoyed!
All applicants must pass a drug and physical test after receiving an offer of employment to be eligible to commence employment.