We are looking for a team leader with a strong work ethic and a desire to learn new skills in our
Historic Lake County winery.
Under direct supervision of the Winemaker, responsibilities of this important position include:
- Calculation of juice and wine additions for the cellar
- Providing support in both the cellar and lab to fulfill winemaking operations
- Evaluation of both sensory and chemistry analyses to determine action on juice fining, blending, and fermentation additions
- Scheduling work, writing work orders and overseeing execution of scheduled work
- Preparation of trial blends and fining trials
- Participation in research projects
- Other projects as assigned by the Winemaker
BS or MS in Enology or related field required, with some previous winery experience preferred. Have a complete understanding of all cellar operations including, but not limited to, crushing of red and white varietal grapes, fermentation, racking, filtering, additions, fining, barrels and bottling. Must have supervisory skills and be able to communicate effectively. Strong computer skills and database management experience are necessary. Must be available to work flexible schedules and overtime if required, especially during harvest. Must be able to pass a physical and drug examination and show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Ability to lift 50 lbs., repeatedly
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to push and pull heavy objects
Ability to climb, stoop, bend and lift
Vision: Close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision