General Description of Duties
Under the general direction of the Winemaker, this position will provide winemaking, technical and supervisory support to the winemaking team.
- Assist in organizing cellar operations, specifically punch down and pumpover scheduling
- Support the winemaking team with work order writing and data entry
- Implement technical and research programs and insure that all procedural and quality control measures are adhered to
- Assist Winemaker in maintaining accurate computer records for all internal wine movements and inventories
- Arrange and participate in regular sensory evaluation trials
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Background and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field. Experience in laboratory/wine production required. Supervisory experience and knowledge of current viticulture research and literature preferred. The qualified candidate will be well organized, detail oriented, and possess strong analytical skills. The ability to work independently and with others at all levels of the organization is required. Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word and Excel are required. The position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, occasionally reach with hands and arms, occasionally sit, walk, climb, stoop, or kneel, as well as be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Candidate must successfully pass a Post-Offer Pre-Employment Physical and drug screen.