Kendall-Jackson – Lakeport Winery
We are looking for a team leader with a strong work ethic and a desire to learn new skills in our
Historic Lake County winery.
Under direct supervision of the Winemaker, responsibilities of this important position include:
- Calculation of juice and wine additions for the cellar
- Providing support in both the cellar and lab to fulfill winemaking operations
- Evaluation of both sensory and chemistry analyses to determine action on juice fining, blending, and fermentation additions
- Scheduling work, writing work orders and overseeing execution of scheduled work
- Preparation of trial blends and fining trials
- Participation in research projects
- Other projects as assigned by the Winemaker
BS or MS in Enology or related field required, with some previous winery experience preferred. Have a complete understanding of all cellar operations including, but not limited to, crushing of red and white varietal grapes, fermentation, racking, filtering, additions, fining, barrels, and bottling. Must have supervisory skills and be able to communicate effectively. Strong computer skills and database management experience are necessary. Must be available to work flexible schedules and overtime if required, especially during harvest. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States. International positions are available through coordination with CAEP.
Ability to lift 50 lbs., repeatedly
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to push and pull heavy objects
Ability to climb, stoop, bend and lift
Vision: Close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
$20.00 - $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.