With guidance, responsible for fulfillment (locating and sourcing) of grape needs for various wine programs through establishment and maintenance of relationships with its growers. Also responsible for providing the winery with the highest quality grapes possible within economic constraints with minimal direction which includes, monitoring all aspects of grape production. Advises growers on production methods to ensure quality control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Source and negotiate the purchase of grapes of the required type, grade and price under guidelines.
- Negotiation of win/win grape purchase agreements and long-term arrangements.
- Professional, knowledgeable and reliable representation of the company.
- Effective liaison between grower and winery regarding viticulture concerns/expectations.
- Development of new business opportunities from both supply and demand perspectives.
- Develops and maintain vineyard records on cultural practices, yields and grape quality.
- Various other responsibilities include: field scouting, crop estimation, and data entry.
- Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Business, Viticulture, Enology, Plant/Crop Science or related field.
- Valid California driver’s license and clean DMV record; required to travel to various sites via automobile to satisfy daily job requirements.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Self-guided initiative (self-starter) and effective manager of time/priorities, multitasking
- Experience working on an individual basis, as well as being a team player.
- Working knowledge of desktop computing including basic Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc), internet and e-mail.