Jackson Family Wines Grower Relations team is seeking an individual who will help monitor and ensure best vineyard practices for premium wine grape production, and who seeks to gain more experience with viticulture and wine grape harvest.
This position is a temporary assignment during the Vineyard Harvest Season, generally beginning mid-May and must be available to work through end of October or early November.
- Collect, analyze and record viticulture data including vine counts, block and ranch locations bunch counts etc.
- Report weekly findings in the vineyard to manager
- Create and maintain grower vineyard maps
- Assist with harvest coordination and crop estimation
- Provide accurate administrative/clerical support as needed
- Participate in safety training programs to ensure personal and team members’ safety
- Oversee harvest maturity samplers in your respective area in addition to developing and distributing sugar sampling weekly schedules
- Train maturity samplers on sampling protocol and specific vineyard locations
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Word & ability to learn in-house software
- Previous harvest experience and map reading ability with local area knowledge preferred
- Must have personal vehicle with a clean DMV record, required to drive own car
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a self-starter attitude
- Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel frequently, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Involves outdoor exposure in many weather conditions, exposure to loud noises, working near moving mechanical machinery and potentially toxic chemicals
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and must be willing to work the entire harvest season.
- Must be able to pass a drug examination and show proof of eligibility to work in the United States
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described in the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. (Reasonable accommodation is defined as any modification or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)