Do you want to feel essential…..essentially AWESOME? We’re looking for an Estate Host ninja to come join the Gran Moraine Winery team, where we are making wine seriously fun again. You will be working with some jovial, and, we personally think, very witty people. Fill your days with an incredible soundtrack pumped through the winery, where the music is generally awesome - most of the time.
About Gran Moraine Winery
At Gran Moraine, we pride ourselves on producing experiential art in the form of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and sparkling wines made to express the exceptional terroir of our Yamhill-Carlton estate vineyards. We are less about consumer transactions and more about bringing the feels. Our art is fueled by our team’s wicked sense of humor, mad forklift skills, and a love of obscure English vocabulary. Impromptu haikus, dance breakouts, and music jams are the norm here. If you’re lucky, you might even witness our winemaker break out his favorite move, the Winery Hose Roll. In addition to our unabashedly awesome culture, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work for a boutique, high-touch winery and tasting room with the resources of a larger company, Jackson Family Wines.
About Jackson Family Wines
We see possibility in a handful of earth and have a strategic plan in place to cut our carbon footprint in half by 2030 and to be climate-positive by 2050 without using carbon offsets. We are a co-founder of the International Wineries for Climate Action, with a mission to take collective action to decarbonize the global wine industry. Family-owned and family-run since we planted our first vine in 1974, we embrace a multigenerational vision to grow wines of distinction, do business ethically, and empower our people through competitive benefits, support, and training.
- Robust wellness program
- Internal training opportunities & tuition reimbursement
- Paths for upward advancement
- Competitive compensation, including hourly wage, tips, sales commission
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical, vision, dental, and a 401K
- Paid vacation & double days
- Generous employee discount on most Jackson Family Wines
- Employee tastings throughout the year
Now for the formalities…
Under the general direction and supervision of the Estate Manager, the Tasting Room Estate Host is responsible for efficiently and effectively hosting guests and promoting the sale of wine through customer service, hospitality, education and a meaningful wine tasting experience. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
- Curates and maximizes in-person experiences and outbound sales campaigns to meet or exceed monthly/annual sales targets.
- Strengthens preexisting member and collector relationships, while establishing new relationships via phone and email.
- Provides excellent customer service to guests while supporting Club Manager and Estate Manager with service inquiries from guests.
- Assists in phone and email outreach during Club shipments and new wine releases.
- Develops referral partners through business development activities to drive sales and awareness for the property.
- Assists in hospitality events, calls, and digital communications in a manner that is well organized and consistent with winery expectations.
- Offers exemplary customer service at all touch points that provides customized customer support.
- Supports other team members with training on wines and process to ensure efficient and cohesive customer service.
- Supports trade hospitality events as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years related experience preferred in sales, customer service or hospitality.
- Knowledge of wines and ability to tell the story that promotes loyalty and sales.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Competency in Point of Sales systems, Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public.
- Commitment to excellence, high standards and working effectively with a team.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
$17.45, $20.29, $23.13 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.