Join our dynamic team at Gran Moraine Winery! By showcasing the individuality of our winery through personalized hospitality and thoughtful connections, we aspire to be leaders in our community and industry.
About Gran Moraine Winery
Gran Moraine prides itself on producing experiential art in the form of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and sparkling wines made to express the exquisite terroir of our Yamhill-Carlton Estate Vineyards.
About Jackson Family Wines
We see possibility in a handful of earth. We’ve been family-owned and family-run since we planted our first vine in 1974. While our family of winegrowers has expanded over the years, one thing that has not changed is our family culture. Wine is our passion, and from this passion comes our multigenerational vision to grow wines of distinction, do business ethically and empower our people.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Estate Manager, the Tasting Room Estate Host is responsible for efficiently and effectively hosting guests and promoting the sale of wine through customer service, hospitality, education and a meaningful wine tasting experience. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
- Greets all visitors to the Tasting Room, pours wines for tasting, discusses wine and responds to customer questions as appropriate.
- Ensures that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines.
- Is knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
- Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
- Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
- Participates in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
- Working with shipping department, facilitates shipping of wine to customers and meets all compliance and regulatory requirements of wine shipments.
- Participates and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the winery.
- Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
- Represents winery at outside functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
- Has high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.