Under the general direction of the Assistant Cellarmaster, the General Winery Worker performs a variety of tasks in the cellar such as operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine barrels, moving barrels, case goods and fruit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
The ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math are required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual and have a good work ethic. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts (including possibly night shift).
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Candidate must successfully complete post-offer pre-employment drug/physical screening.