Harvest General Winery Worker - Seasonal
This position is responsible for a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks in the cellar such as operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine. This position is under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, Winemaker, and Cellar Foreperson.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Perform equipment set-up duties
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Wine and juice transfer, racking, blending, moving hoses and equipment
- Chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine
- Understanding of barrel operations: filling, racking and topping
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellarmaster
- Previous experience in a winery environment is preferred, but not required
- Forklift experience is preferred, but not required
- Must be able to follow and communicate verbal and written safety and work instructions in English
- This position requires good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills
- Must be able to work safely around equipment electrical outlets and procedures
- The individual selected for this position must be reliable and possess a good work ethic
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift and overtime as needed during harvest
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
A weekly harvest lunch will also be enjoyed!
All applicants must pass a drug and physical test to be eligible to commence employment.